SAWORLDVETS VETERINARY COURSES
SA WorldVets being a wildlife specialist company we are on 24 hour call to respond to any need in the industry. Situated on a 4500 acre Game Reserve on the borders of the Greater Kruger Park we work mostly work from our home base lodge but also re-locate to larger operations to assist when needed.
SA WorldVets headquarters is located on a 4500 acre Game Reserve in close proximity to Greater Kruger National Park. Our mobility allows us to relocate and operate from various locations around the continent. We regularly implicate methods ranging from mass capture bomas, net bomas, baiting, in addition to active and passive chemical immobilization. SA WorldVets has more than forty years combined wildlife experience and extensively trained owner-operator helicopter pilots. Owning and darting from our helicopters allows for highly efficient, successful, and safe captures, which is a must when dealing with Africa's evasive and occasionally endangered species.
Working with wildlife this can get interesting being on constant 24 hour call with patients varying from impala to elephant with injuries being anything from snare removals to fighting injuries, everything is possible in Africa.
Wildlife in SA has become a world focus, SA WorldVets s provide expert advice on all aspects of wildlife management, capture, breeding or introductions. Our field experts are more than glad to help conservation in every way.
Game census and Animal Studies:
In order to accurately evaluate, determine field capacities, and evenly disperse wildlife populations, we provide game census surveys and observation via helicopter. This allows us to passively observe and protect individual species to further evaluate and improve conservation methods and knowledge.
We also want our students to gain a greater understanding of conservation as a whole (and have some time to relax and enjoy a bit of South Africa’s world famous tourism), so we like to include as many of the following excursions as possible:
- Kruger National Park excursion (https://www.sanparks.org/ parks/kruger/)
- Visit to the Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre (http:// www.moholoholo.co.za/wildlife-Rehabilitation-centre.htm)
- Visit to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (http:// www.hesc.co.za)
- Visit to the Nyani Cultural Village (https:// www.facebook.com/nyaniculturalvillage/)
- Protrack Anti-poaching Talk including snare demonstration and obstacle course (http://www.protrackapu.co.za/)
- Blyde Canyon Boating Trip (http://www.blydecanyon.co.za/ water_activities)
- Panaroma Route (http://www.south-africa-tours.com/ panorama-route.html)
- Horse back Safaris